The Sick Flicks of Ram Nation

natural line
value – black and white final
texture
form – feels 3D
geometric shape
organic shape
color – one color is the focal point
space – not a lot of space – close up
space – small depth of field – blurry background
line – man-made

1. What strengths and weaknesses do you see in your own work? I see many strengths and weaknesses in my own work but I think I can still improve on my skills. Some strengths I see in my work is that I took many pictures while the object was in motion and taking simple pictures and making them look nice by using different angles. Some weaknesses in my work consist of not utilizing unique angles and some pictures may not be the clearest and best quality.

2. How might you improve or refine your approach in future photography projects? I can improve and refine my approach using the camera in future projects. I could improve my approach by finding different distances and using different lenses to see what a shot would like from closer or farther away. Also, maybe I could position the object I am shooting better to make it stand out more. 

3. Pick one of your photos, what emotions or messages did you intend to convey through this photograph? In my value picture, it had Anthony Costa and Kevin Geiger walking across the field. I told them to pose for the camera while walking and I took the shot. The emotions and messages I intended in this shot were supposed to be fun and happy.

4. Are there specific elements of art you would like to explore further in your photography? I would like to explore value more. Value seems like an interesting element because it makes the whole picture a neutral color. I like the black and white aspect of pictures because it makes everything look cleaner and it is not so much on the eyes which makes it calm.

5. What concepts or techniques do you want to experiment with in your next project? I would like to implement more close-up shots as it captures more detail. Also, taking long shots are interesting as it gets a lot of your surroundings and encompasses more color if you want more color. Lastly, I would like to use different lenses and different distances with the cameras.

2 thoughts on “The Sick Flicks of Ram Nation

1. The two photos I like the best are the texture and color. I liked the texture one because it was super clear and detailed. I liked the color one because I liked the way it stood out from everything around it. I also liked the editing you did on it. One photo I think could be better is the man-made line. It could be better by getting a different angle or doing more edits on photoshop. One photo, the value picture, used the RULE OF THIRDS. When you first see or open the image, Anthony and Kevin are at one of the points of interest and they instantly grab your attention when first seeing it.

2. I think that Miles made many great decisions on his elements of art blog posts. However, he also made very few mistakes. The two photos that I liked the best were the first two photos on his post. The first photo has great lighting which makes the photo pop. The second photo has great value to it which makes it look interesting. The one photo that he could have done better on was the element of art of form. The photo is a little blurry which doesn’t make the photo as smooth. He also uses THE RULE OF THIRD LINES in his picture with the brick wall. This gives the photo a new element.