LeCoolColored

Oil and Water
Refraction
Shadows
Water Beads 

What is the distinct mood of the photograph? The distinct mood of my refraction photograph gives off a mood of calmness and beauty. The colors of the skyline are blue, light gray, and a very light pink. These colors are easy on the eyes and view of the skyline is just a beautiful view of New York City. The different heights of the buildings compliment each other really well adding depth to the photo.

What does the photo make you think about? The photo of the skyline makes me think about the city and the views you get while walking around New York. The tall buildings, the taxis, Central Park, traffic, and the bright lights of New York are all something I think about when I see the picture of the skyline. I went to a concert this Saturday in Brooklyn, and I walked through the city, looked at the tall buildings, and all the lights of the big city which is the best part of New York.

What in the photo jumps out at you? Something that jumps out at me in my refraction picture is the different heights of the building. The heights of the building is interesting because I like the differences and completes the photo very well. If it were to be all symmetric, I think it wouldn’t be as good.

How does the photo make you feel? The photo makes me feel at peace and calm. The skyline, or the sky in general, is a very soothing thing to look at and think about. The city makes me feel at home, because I enjoy going to the city for basketball games or concerts.

What advice would you give to next year’s students for shooting abstract photography? Advice I would give to next year’s students shooting abstract photography is to not be boring and switch things up every once in a while. Try a different lens, a different angle, a different object, or focus. Take as many pictures as possible because you never know which pictures will be good, and you could just delete it after.

4 thoughts on “LeCoolColored

1. What I like most about the image is the cool effect it has. It flips the city upsides down which is very cool. It brings an interesting perspective of a city. One thing that could be better is just removing the tab with all of the apps on it. It ruins the image a little. Taking it out would make the image perfect. One piece of advice I would give is to be more steady and straight. The image is slightly tilted to one side. If it was in the middle the image would be perfect.

2. What I like most about the image is the cool effect it has. It flips the city upsides down which is very cool. It brings an interesting perspective of a city. One thing that could be better is just removing the tab with all of the apps on it. It ruins the image a little. Taking it out would make the image perfect. One piece of advice I would give is to be more steady and straight. The image is slightly tilted to one side. If it was in the middle the image would be perfect.

3. The shade of purple used was really beautiful. It makes the glass color a tint of purple. I don’t dislike it at all.
    One thing that could be better is that reflection in the middle. It kind of is the thing that catches my eye instantly because it’s so bright and right there.
    Either try to take as many pictures as possible. Just keep taking and taking.

4. Something you Liked?: I like the creativity of this photo. Having an upside-down city being reflected is creative because the skyscrapers and buildings look like their falling into the sky. Miles also did this since it is similar to a scene from a Spiderman movie, where Spiderman jumps off the buildings and it shows an upside-down city.

Something you think could be done better?: I wish the computer menu didn’t interfere with the photo. It makes it more like the apple is reflecting a photo rather than a falling city being in the apple. It isn’t Mile’s fault, but it hurts the photo.

Advice?: When taking a picture, make sure to get rid of any distractions. Things such as the computer menu or other things can ruin a perfect photo. It is crucial to make sure that the image is creative and makes it seem like something is inside the Apple, rather than a computer menu taking the fun out of it.